Office Cleaning & Maintenance Checklist
We created an easy to follow Office Cleaning & Maintenance Checklist to guide you through an office overhaul.
Commercial cleaners, professional cleaning services and business owners are preparing to go through offices, clinics and workplaces to see what needs fixing and cleaning after a year when we’ve been more conscious of hygiene than ever before.
An empty office makes it easy to do a thorough audit and take note of what needs to be updated ahead of the new year.
Take advantage of the fact that staff and customers aren’t around. Make full use of the extra available space and the fact that you don’t need to be as noise-aware or time-conscious. This is your opportunity to address areas of the office that may get over-looked in the regular cleaning schedule or need some additional deep cleaning.
Follow Office Cleaning & Maintenance Checklist to guide you through the annual office overhaul.
Reception areas, foyers and waiting rooms are high traffic areas that are usually full of people and have lots of touchpoints. A thorough deep clean is essential to keep your workplace healthy and happy.
- Carpet/rug- Spot stain removal & steam clean. Ask us for advice on tough stains
- Chairs- wipe down with disinfectant
- Couches/sofas- Vacuum, spot stain removal & steam clean
- Computer- Clean desk and phones with disinfectant spray and microfiber cloth
- Desks- dust and clean with disinfectant spray and microfiber cloth
- Phones- Clean with disinfectant spray and microfiber cloth
- Coffee/side tables- Wet cloth with cleaning solution/disinfectant
- Windows/doors- clean glass inside & outside, wipe down & disinfect handles
Nothing says more about your business than the state of your bathrooms. Now’s the time to make sure they sparkle.
- Paper towel- Review hand towel and toilet paper dispensers for damage. Replace worn or broken dispensers. Disinfect. Check paper towel stocks & re-order
- Soap dispensers- Clean refillable dispensers to avoid bacteria build-up. Disinfect. Review & replace broken dispensers. Check soap stock levels & re-order
- Tiles & grout- Deep clean
- Floors- disinfect, buff & polish
- Drains- Summer heat can make drains smell. Disinfect or try an enzyme cleaning product
- Mirrors- Review for damage
- Walls & stalls- Clean & disinfect
- Metal fixtures- Deep clean & shine
- Sinks- Deep clean to remove tough stains
- Windows- Clean glass & dust sills. Disinfect handles
Nobody wants to deal with last year’s leftovers when they come back from break. We recommend giving the kitchen a deep clean while the office is empty.
- Bin- Clean the inside & outside of the bin, disinfect. Replace liners. Check stock of liners & re-order
- Cupboards- Organise the pantry and cupboards. An office kitchen soon becomes disorganised and it is easy to lose track of what’s in there. Dispose of anything that has expired and check tea and coffee supplies for the first day back
- Dishes/containers- Put up a sign or ask everyone to take home any dishes or containers they no longer need in the office. This will make cleaning the kitchen easier
- Equipment- Make sure the kettle, toaster, and other electrical equipment has been test and tagged recently. Remember you need to ensure a qualified person has tested and tagged your electrical equipment every 12 months.
- Fridge- Refresh the office fridge. Take everything out, dispose of old food, and give the fridge a detailed wipe down inside and out
- Shelves & benches- Dust & clean
- Sink- Wipe down, deodorise & shine
- Skirting boards- Dust & clean
GENERAL OFFICE CLEANING
Now it’s time to focus on the office as a whole, making sure it looks clean and tidy for the new year.
- Pests- The Christmas closedown period is also a great time for pest control, while there’s less staff in the office. Pests also have a habit of hiding in and around electrical outlets, so apply insect spray near (not directly on) your electrical equipment to keep them away.
- Vacuum- Check that your vacuum and other electrical cleaning equipment is safe and tagged. Follow our tips on maintaining your vacuum, or book in for an electrical equipment service with us.
Thoroughly cleaning and inspecting an office can seem daunting task, but the office will be a healthier, happier and a more productive space. We carry the largest range of cleaning supplies and equipment in Newcastle. We are Newcastle’s cleaning experts, with all the products, equipment and advice you need.
Please call us on 4908 2333 with any questions, or place your order on cleaning supplies and equipment right here on our website.