Garbage Bin Liners
How to Choose Garbage Bags and Bin Liners?
Waste material is conveniently gathered in bags for easy removal, and the bin does not need cleaning of residues, especially if they are bacterial, liquid or especially hazardous.
The questions are:
* how much waste needs to be collected and easily man-handled from OHS perspective? - that determines bag size
* what kind of waste needs to be handled? - heavy, rough, dangerous/risky - that determines the thickness of bag for strength, and some people want clear/natural bags to see what is being collected . Hazardous materials like asbestos, lead, carcinogenic substances, MUST BE COLLECTED AND STORED VERY CAREFULLY to avoid inhalation or site conatmination. CALL US for hazardous vacuums and the appropriate filters and bags.
Heavy loads including bottles or heavy objects require extra heavy duty bags
* is "environmentally friendly" status relevant? - so should bio-degradable garbage bags and bin liners, compostable garbage bags and bin liners, be considered? they have premium cost implications, shelf life implications, handling process implications
Types of garbage bag structures
Garbage bags and garbage bin liners are available in low-density polyethylene (LDPE), high-density polyethylene (HDPE). There are also bio-degradable and compostable materials. All have different applications:
- Have a higher resistance to tearing from punctures than HDPE bags, making them more suitable for holding sharper objects without splitting the bag
- have stronger vertical strength so they are load/weight bearing for heavy loads like bottles
- Are more permeable (resistance to easy removal and preventing water passing through, making them more popular for wet garbage, so they are commonly used in kitchens
- Have a softer look and are more flexible
- Are great for lightweight rubbish and typically used in offices and bathrooms
Are stronger than LDPE bags of the same thickness. They have horizontal strength to stop ripping not vertical strength
RapidClean Newcastle stocks a large range of garbage bin liners in a variety of colours and sizes to suit your needs.
- Natural/ Clear
- 17 micron to 50 micron, and higher on certain applications and uses.
- 54 litre garbage bags
- 72 litre garbage bags
- 82 litre garbage bags
- 90 litre garbage bags
- 120 litre garbage bags
- 140 litre garbage bags
- 240 litre garbage bags
We also supply garbage and rubbish bins.